Third week is overrrrrr and I'm still alive so yayayayay!
Unsurprisingly, another super stressful week of trying not to fall asleep in class and understand everything that comes out of my Business law tutor's mouth. Especially when it comes to company law. On another note, I have realised that I highlight so much that I've had to buy my highlighters this year. (Usually, I get loads from law fairs for free :3)
But, this week what I am most grateful for, is good food and the amazing company. A break from all the stresses of advanced law school. A break from staring at words on a page. It feels good to know that despite the stress we can always have fun, learning new things about each other, like how to use chopsticks properly, and that fried sweet potato is really amazing.
![]() |
| Salmon Gui with fried sweet potato basket |
![]() |
| Chopstick classes from the pro |
![]() |
| Sweet potato noodles are so darn awesome |
What we don't ever realise is how important we need to have company in our lives. Not just the occasional friendly company, which I'm not saying isn't nice, it really is. But I'm talking about the company from long term friends and your family. They always have that something which is indescribable, something which instantly brings great comfort to your heart and they always have a way with their words. Maybe it's because you can trust them, so much so that you're willing to listen, understand and accept their opinions, thoughts and conversations that you have.
Thank you for all the good food, and most importantly, for listening. I know that when people moan too much about one thing, it becomes tedious. But you guys never grow tired of me, in fact, you do more than understand me, you help me and you don't ever shy away with your words. I am so thankful for you all ^_^
![]() |
| Pistachio & Green tea gelato |
Something else which I have been trying to do is to walk more. Not only because it's good for my health, and it's good for my legs, having sat and studied for 6 - 8 hours straight. But because if I didn't, I would never ever get to see sights like these.
Isn't the sky so incredibly blue? I'm so lucky to be able to see the sky this blue almost every morning, as I start my day. It makes being crammed in the tube all the more bearable, knowing that I can see sights like this. Even if the sky is grey, being outside, away from the stress of the library and my books, is something I would grab at the chance of doing.
Also, my dad has shown me these past few years the true value of being independent and observant. When you take the time to embrace your surroundings, there are so many incredible things you can see, and naturally you'll understand the world we live in a little more. This weeks observations has shown me:
- Almost every generation on the tube has a smartphone, most of them being bigger than my face.
- People still spit on the street, dribble and all.
- Drilling the pavement at midnight is a "normal" time to drill. Like, when was that EVER the norm!?!
- I'm pretty sure volunteers at Marie Curie Cancer Research aren't allowed to hit on people and ask them out for dinner when you can't sponsor money to them ... let's hope my white lie holds and I don't bump into him again ...
- Asian couples arguing is super violent, I swear she slapped him like 10 times ... poor guy.
- Most people have a coffee cup in their hand.
- People are still out and about at 1 am.
- Gone girl is messed up. Super messed up.
London is crazy, loud and fast-paced, but everything I ever imagined and maybe a little more. Three weeks in, we're nearly at one month, which means reading week is in 2 weeks time!!!! YAY CAN'T WAIT!
Oh and my dad went fishing. He's so fat and happy, and fat and happy people are the best people ever ^_^
♡ ~







2 papas together!!!
ReplyDeleteLIVE . IN . LOVE
~